Recuva is a free software that recovers missing or deleted files. It is a very useful method for recovering files that have been accidentally deleted or that have vanished from the file system.
✅ Checked by CloudScan™
Recuva is a very useful method for recovering files that have been accidentally deleted or that have vanished from the file system. Recuva can recover a wide range of files, including photographs, documents, videos, music, emails, and many others. It also helps you to restore data from both internal and external storage, including memory cards and external hard drives.
Recuva is a free application for Windows that is extremely useful and simple to use. Any file that passes through our file system leaves a trail of information that can be recovered. Recuva will follow this trail to restore files that have been accidentally deleted in a clear and secure manner.
Recuva can recover text documents (TXT, DOC, DOCX, PDF…), photographs (JPG, BMP, PNG, GIF…), videos (AVI, MKV, MP4, MPEG…), audio (MP3, WAV, WMA…), and a variety of other files. Furthermore, thanks to a thorough review of all forms of storage systems, Recuva will restore files from damaged hard drives, allowing you to recover files that you thought were lost forever.
The Recuva software is extremely easy to use, and it is suitable for users at all skill levels, from novices to experts. Start Recuva from the shortcut on your desktop after installing it on your Windows PC, and then follow the steps below:
- Click the “Next” button on the first screen.
- You will be able to pick the sort of files you want to recover in the next one. You can also look for any file form.
- After that, choose the hard drive from which you want to restore files. You may also conduct a search from any location on your screen.
- Click the “Next” button to begin restoring deleted files with Recuva.
- Recuva starts scanning the file system for deleted files that meet the defined requirements.
- When it’s done, Recuva displays a list of files that may be recoverable.
- Pick the files you want to restore and click the “Recover” button.
- Select the folder where you want the files to be recovered and click “OK.”
Recuva is a fantastic deleted file recovery software with a lot of features and few drawbacks. It not only allows you to scan for all forms of potentially recoverable files on any storage device, but it also informs you how possible it is to recover the file using a simple colour scale: reds indicate a low probability of recovery, yellows indicate a medium probability, and green indicates a high probability of recovery.
On the other hand, if the files deleted by mistake cannot be found using a simple search, we can use the “Deep Scanning” or “Deep Analysis” option. This makes for a more thorough search, and although it takes longer to complete, the chances of finding more files are higher than with a quick search.
In a nutshell, it’s a near-perfect tool: simple to use, friendly GUI, very useful, no ads, no caps, and best of all, it’s free.